35 Empowering Strength Quotes That Will Give You Courage and Confidence
Sometimes all it takes is a little inspiration to bring out that inner strength.
Persevere with positive strength quotes
Life can be really hard sometimes, but hey, we’re all in this together. Sometimes it can be a challenge to find the motivation to channel our inner strength in order to persevere through the difficult times. But like I said, we’re all in this together, including some figures who seem to have it all. Even some of the most notable figures throughout history and media have faced similar struggles. We rounded up some positive strength quotes from all kinds of powerful people, from Nelson Mandela to Maya Angelou and Hellen Keller. May their wise words inspire you to keep pushing forward. And if you’re looking for even more inspiration, take a peek at these hope quotes, uplifting quotes, moving on quotes, and quotes about change.
1. “Do not judge me by my success, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” —Nelson Mandela. These be yourself quotes will inspire you to not allow anyone to dictate who you are—the first step in finding that strength.
2. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” —Martin Luther King, Jr. Don’t miss these patience quotes that will remind you that all good things take time.
3. “A brave man acknowledges the strength of others.” —Veronica Roth. Check out these life is short quotes that will prove that change starts now.
4. “We need women who are so strong they can be gentle, so educated they can be humble, so fierce they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be rational, and so disciplined they can be free.” —Kavita Ramdas. Read up on these confidence quotes that will make you believe you can do anything.
5. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” —Khalil Gibran. Don’t miss these good morning quotes that will kick off your day on a high note.
6. “We will either find a way, or make one.” —Anibal Barca. These loneliness quotes will make you feel seen.
7. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” —Friedrich Nietzsche. These brilliant Albert Einstein quotes will inspire you to greatness.
8. “And one has to understand that braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear.” —Paulo Coelho
9. “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” —Greg Kincaid
10. “We are stronger, gentler, more resilient, and more beautiful than any of us imagine.” —Mark Nepo. Check out these self-love quotes that will make you feel like a million bucks.
11. “The human capacity for burden is like bamboo — far more flexible than you’d ever believe at first glance.” —Jodi Picoult
12. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” —Mahatma Gandhi
13. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” —Marie Curie. Don’t miss these Monday motivation quotes that will start your week right.
15. “When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.” —Peter Marshall
17. “There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.” —Jane Austen. Read up on these powerful James Baldwin quotes on love, freedom, and equality.
18. “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” —Maya Angelou
20. “We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it is not as dreadful as it appeared, discovering we have the strength to stare it down.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
21. “You have power over your mind — not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” —Marcus Aurelius
22. “We don’t even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward.” —Isabel Allende. Make sure you check out these body positive quotes that everyone should read.
26. “It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.” —Vincent Van Gogh. Here are some more great romantic love quotes.
27. “Life is very interesting…in the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” —Drew Barrymore. You will want to share these success quotes with everyone you know.
30. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” —Hellen Keller
32. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” —Arnold Schwarzenegger
33. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” —Ernest Hemingway
35. “Make up your mind that no matter what comes your way, no matter how difficult, no matter how unfair, you will do more than simply survive. You will thrive in spite of it.” —Joel Osteen. Now that you’ve read these positive strength quotes, check out these calm quotes that will remind you to take a deep breath.